Stay cozy this winter with our Albizia-inspired fingerless gloves. The top of each glove features a smooth, gently laced pattern that mimics the foliage of the Albizia tree, while the underside is made with plain stockinette for extra comfort. These gloves are designed to keep your knuckles and wrists warm and can even be worn under ski gloves for added warmth.
The pattern comes in three sizes to fit all adults and is also available in a mini version for kids. These gloves are knit in the round from the wrist up, with the thumb gusset picked and knit at the end. Intermediate level knitters and above will find this pattern interesting and rewarding. Order your Albizia fingerless gloves pattern today and get ready to cozy up!
Fit & Yarn Details
I recommend 100% wool or a wool/nylon blend in a solid colour. The weight of your yarn will depend on the size you choose below. Sizes read as A (B, C) throughout.
Hand measurement (measure around your palm and knuckles, not including the thumb): cm = 17-21 (18-22, 19-23) / inches = 6.75-8 (7-8.75, 7.5-9).
Gauge (all within a 10x10 cm/4x4" square in stockinette stitch) & suggested needle sizes:
- Size A (uses Fingering/4ply yarn): 27 stitches x 31 rows and 3.0mm/US 2.5 needles.
- Size B (uses Sport/5ply yarn): 26 sts x 39 rows and 3.25mm/US 3 needles.
- Size C (uses DK/8ply yarn): 24 sts x 35 rows and 3.5mm/US4 needles.
Yarn quantity: 155 (122, 146) metres / 170 (134, 160) yards.
For the samples I used:
- Size A: Brooklyn Tweed Peerie (fingering weight, 100% merino wool; 50g/192m/210 yds per skein) 1 skein in Marigolds
- Size B: Quince & Co Chickadee (sport weight, 100% merino wool; 50g/150m/164 yds per skein) 1 skein in Peacoat
- Size C: Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply (DK weight, 100% wool; 200g/400m/437.5 yds per ball) 1 ball in Moonflower (our sample pair only used 60g)